Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Lily Story

I heard a story awhile back that I thought was a great picture of our relationship with a Holy God. It is where I got the idea for this blog. This life is a journey and my journey is directly affected by how much time I spend looking upon our great and holy God. He changes me. It is a journey of change. A journey of being more like him. A privilege.

(-source unknown)

The Lily

A story is told
of a little girl
many years ago
in the slums
who saw an object lesson
using a beautiful white lily.
The children gazed upon
and touched the lovely lily.
One little girl
then looked upon herself
and immediately fled
to her garret home.
She used soap she could find,
and did her best
to make herself
more presentable.
The lily had awakened
her desire for cleanliness.
So to look upon
our great and holy God
awakens within
the child of God
the desire to be more
like Him.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I love this story. I just posted it with some thoughts to my blog. Thanks for sharing.