Thursday, December 20, 2007

Rest

My kids and I finished our Christmas shopping today. As I was watching all the bustling about it reminded me of how many people are just extremely busy. A while back I made it a rule that I would always leave "free-time" in my life. Something you probably will never hear me say is "I'm so busy". I don't think we can be open to God, growing, and enjoying the life he gave us if we never stop.

So in honor of rest today...two of my favorite things are coffee and journaling.

Recipe:

Low Fat Coffee Shake

1 cup skim milk

1 1/2 teaspoons sugar

1 TBS instant coffee

1 1/2 tablespoons nonfat powdered milk

Put all ingredients in a blender, cover, and blend until smooth and foamy. Serve in a tall glass over ice.



"Whatever coaxes us out of hiding, to write, record, and express, is a revolutionary act. It says that we believe our lives count: our lives do count." -SARK


Directed Journaling Ideas:

-write a list of special people in your life, what are some ways you can celebrate their presence in your life?
-what are you doing when you are most happy or content and time flies by?
-write about your mother's beauty, send her a letter.
-what are you jealous of?

Remember to REST during this "busy" time. The Savior has come, celebrate Him.

No comments: