Wednesday, January 23, 2008

True Spirituality

I like to read. I'm often reading more than one book at a time. Right now, I'm making my way through True Spirituality by Francis A. Schaeffer. I'm only on the third chapter, but so far it has proven to be very thought-provoking. At this point, he is discussing the ressurected Christ. A quote ,"It was the same body, raised, and glorified; not in some far off place, but there, in space, time, and history." He is speaking of when Jesus appeared with the disciples after his ressurection. It just becomes more real to me when I sit and think about the fact that Jesus had his same body, just glorified, that he is one day going to return and I along with every man, am going to "see him" in this world with my own eyes. I long for the day...I hope you do too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"As for me I know my Redeemer lives,
And at the last He will take His stand on the earth.
Even after my skin is destroyed,
Yet from my flesh I shall see God; Whom I myself shall behold,
And whom my eyes will see and not another.
My heart faints within me!"
Job 19:25-27
Here's the scripture to confirm it.
Won't it be wonderful!
I'm in a great Bible Study on end times--Beth Moore's Daniel. I highly recommend it.
Mom by law

eva said...

I almost took that this semester at church but my dear son doesn't enjoy going to childcare and I figured I would be leaving the class more often than being able to listen.
Good to know though, I will keep it in mind for the future.