Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day

Yesterday I got to celebrate being a Mother. It was a good day. We dedicated my son, Isaac, to the Lord at church. He is two now, we were suppose to do it a year ago but moved right before the service, now that we've moved back, we signed up again. The children's pastor made the comment that the dedication is more for the parents than the children. I agree. It is really about us as parents committing to following Christ and teaching our children what that means. I think the best way to teach is to actually live that out in our daily lives. To seek Christ with all our hearts and allow his love and grace to flow through us to our children. As I was thinking yesterday about my little blessings, I stopped to pray that down the road, when my children are grown, they will be able to look back and see that Christ was living in me and they will be able to "celebrate knowing Him more" because of the mother that I was to them. Funny thing is, I am becoming that mother "because" of them, because of the ways God uses my children and my husband to grow me, change me, mold me. So Thank You to my husband and children for the gift of Motherhood.

No comments: