Friday, April 25, 2008

2 week "buy nothing" fast

In our consumer driven society, I'm always amazed at what we spend on things we really don't need. So I'm going to try a little experiment. The first two weeks in May, we are going on a "buy nothing" fast. Of course we will have to purchase food and toiletries at the store but I'm going to see how little we can spend outside of our needs. Which means I'll have to avoid The Mill and my Granita (iced coffee) fix! We may have a lot of picnics and walk everywhere during the week...think up free entertainment...but I'm hoping it will give us a little boost in our pay off debt goal...maybe an extra car payment or something! I'll let you know how it goes...

2 comments:

Kristin said...

I've been thinking about trying this too...although two weeks is really brave...I was thinking even just a few days or a week! :)

eva said...

I was going to try a month until I thought about how really long a month is and decided to try something a little more reasonable!