Wednesday, March 19, 2008

eating more veggies


Health is a topic that always interests me. As I've researched I've found many differing opinions on diet and what is really best for the human body. One thing I've consistently found is that vegetables are good for you. As the "house chef", I'm always looking for ways to help my family eat nutritiously. A while ago, Sara challenged us to drink a green smoothie every day. I've been a little slow in trying it out, but today I broke out the blender and made "Green smoothies". We dumped in what we had left for produce this week...peaches, bananas, and spinach. I'm sure there are better combinations but it wasn't too bad. My 2 year old son drank his right down. We've made smoothies a lot in the past with fruit and yogurt so to our family a "smoothie" is a treat. We're going to drink a Green Smoothie a day for better health. Feel free to join us!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

heehee...aren't they good?! I'm not very good at every day but I have been eating way more veggies lately!