Tuesday, April 15, 2008

friendship

Today I was thinking about friendship and I just felt overwhelmed with thankfulness. I've met some really incredible people in my life of 30 years, many people that I call my friends. I'm thankful today that God gave the blessing of friendship. There are those that I meet with regularly. Those friends that keep me afloat. They challenge me, encourage me to grow & love me despite my weaknesses and failures. There are those that our time together is rare, either because we have different schedules or because the physical distance between us is great, but something keeps our friendship alive and whenever we are together it is as if we were never apart.

Today, I want to say "Thank You" to my friends. My life is so rich because of you.

The quotes below speak to friendship.

Marcel Proust: "Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom."

George Washington: "Friendship is a plant of slow growth and must undergo and withstand the shocks of adversity before it is entitled to the appellation."

E.M. Forster: "One must be fond of people and trust them if one is not to make a mess of life."

Robert Louis Stevenson: "We are all travelers in the wilderness of the world, and the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend."

No comments: